Bummer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT-Mike

Minister of Fire
Mar 22, 2008
New England
So I am out on the west coast visiting my folks, and passed a stove and spa store. Sign outside was advertising 100 % Douglas Fir pellets. Didn't bother to stop and check on a price or brand considering I couldn't bring them home to CT, but I sure would love to try them.

A true pellet pig would have grabbed at least one bag and brought it on the plane as carry on. Just sayin.

the transport cost and questionable availability caused us not to bring any in last year.....just couldnt make it work price-wise. Didnt want to take a position on product and have it be about $100 more than what the big boxes sell non-DF pellets for.

Woodpellets.com has a DF pellet in their line up and they had no issues(from whats on the wire) moving them. I hear Okanagan will have a DF out this spring. What selss these pupies is how clean they are. You can run 3 or 4 bags thruogh the stove to 1 bag of the box store stuff. I have seen ash content to be a meer 0.17 to 0.02%. and the average boxstore pellet running around 0.06%

I have 2 bags of Orfords that I will be testing soon. Also hoping to get a couple of the Okies DF when thwey are available.

Woodpellets.com has a DF pellet in their line up and they had no issues(from whats on the wire) moving them. I hear Okanagan will have a DF out this spring. What selss these pupies is how clean they are. You can run 3 or 4 bags thruogh the stove to 1 bag of the box store stuff. I have seen ash content to be a meer 0.17 to 0.02%. and the average boxstore pellet running around 0.06%

I have 2 bags of Orfords that I will be testing soon. Also hoping to get a couple of the Okies DF when thwey are available.

oh, we had the DF pellets available to us last year as well, but given what they woul dhave to sell for, we couldnt justify the investment, especialyl given the majority of the folks here seem to look for $200/ton pellets, these would be over $300/ton.....

You could have bought a bag and then filled 30 quart bags with pellets and then just carried them on the flight.

I checked wp.com, they don't currently offer DF pellets for sale in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.