Bunch of nice little ESSE coal stoves on ebay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That dragon is a cool-looking stove but it would seem "out of place"......unless your house was surrounded by a moat!BTW-what is the difference between an anthracite stove and a bituminous?Maybe something to do with the grates?

Titan said:
That dragon is a cool-looking stove but it would seem "out of place"......unless your house was surrounded by a moat!BTW-what is the difference between an anthracite stove and a bituminous?Maybe something to do with the grates?

different kinds of coal "kinda the coal version of hardwood and softwood" debates about the differences in some coal burning forums get to the point you log on and heat your house from whats on the screen lol

Clear as mud.I understand the coal specifics but do the stoves actually differ in their construction to accomodate one fuel or the other?

and another thing, it's coal!! Bleh!.. I'm discriminating again, I know but its bad, bad, bad for CO2! The dragon is a very cool looking stove though. The way its raining tonight, we might soon have a moat.

Anthracite requires less air than Bituminous. Generally speaking the only difference between the stoves might be a blocker plate on the air intake, but it also might include a slightly different grate system as bituminous stoves like to be shaken a little differently if I remember right.

Paging berlin. Call in the lobby for Mr. berlin.

If memory serves me right anthracite is a much harder and cleaner burning coal than bituminous.

OK, i'm curious. I've been searching around and I see prices around $1000 plus for this stove. I emailed the dealer and he said shipping is also free. $250 and free shipping? It just seems shady. With all this graduation money though, I'm thinking about grabbing one for THAT price.

Well, hopefully this goes well. I bought one today for $250. Not sure where it will go yet, but it'll head to the garage with the Aspen until they both have a home.

Corie said:
Well, hopefully this goes well. I bought one today for $250. Not sure where it will go yet, but it'll head to the garage with the Aspen until they both have a home.

Let us know how this stove works for you Corrie. I was intrested in them last year. Just never pulled the trigger. I saw them on Obadiah's

Status
Not open for further replies.