Burn Baby Burn- up n running here 6 hours

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmieguns

Dec 10, 2012
Long Island, NY
nice n toasty on setting 5-5 (mid way) levels..........granted in Long Island toonight it is NOT cold- but so far happy with initial usage..

Picturs to come--stand by :)

nice install have my stove on its lowest setting and i have to turn it off because its to warm in the house. where on long island ? I live in Islip

nice install have my stove on its lowest setting and i have to turn it off because its to warm in the house. where on long island ? I live in Islip

Wow- nice work your stove does for u to have to shut it down

In suffolk Holbrook area bud

yes love the stove and the savings hate the oil man

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Nice going, Jimmie. Where did you end up placing the stove?

Remember, we love burn pics (from different angles).

10 degrees here so the stat will be killing the heat pump if it drops below 10 so I fired the stove up on high to supplement for the night so the strips aren't killing my wallet. I love having a smart stat that will turn the strips off above 35 unless a defrost is needed and the heat pump off below 10 where the wear and tear isn't worth running it.

The castile on high seems to cut the strip usage in half and it is in the basement. If we ever have a power outage I can run it on the generator and have a warm basement to stay in.

Here's some pics ! enjoy and appeciate all comments and room furn ideas..Thanks pelletroom1.jpgpellet2.jpgpellet3.jpgpellet4.jpg

Attachments

• pelletroom1.jpg
    pelletroom1.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 194
  • pellet6.jpg
    pellet6.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 197
  • pellet7.jpg
    pellet7.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 192
Reactions: h2ochild
Nice going, Jimmie. Where did you end up placing the stove?

Remember, we love burn pics (from different angles).

Hey Vinny- posted some pics of install and the room with furn at diff layouts-- gotta tweak the placement of furn to "mkae it flow" right open to all ideas! ;)

Looks great I am not an interior design expert so that's up to you but I think you should add a surge suppressor to the stove

Looks great I am not an interior design expert so that's up to you but I think you should add a surge suppressor to the stove
Thanks! I did add the surge protector---:)

looks great, Jimmie. Congrats. Is that Selkirk vent pipe you used? looks good and clean.

Great looking living room Jimmie!
The last few nights have been real warm here (Hicksville), so the stove gets turned off when I get home at 0130 otherwise, we burn up all night long.

Bill

this is a great surge protector http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=3980
The ULTRABLOK offers 1410 joules of protection against surges,
go to this sight http://www.thefind.com and putt in the name of the surge protector and it will give you the cheapest models available on the internet from multiple sites I use this site to purchase everything online good luck I saw the strip protector in the picture you posted from behind the stove and i would recommend a better one. Just a my opinion

Just curious....what brand/model? I hope not one of those "computer surge strips" (worthless).

BTW, the install and stove look GREAT!!

Oh NO! Yeah, :) it IS a computer-ish surge strips! what do u reco?

this is a great surge protector http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=3980
The ULTRABLOK offers 1410 joules of protection against surges,
go to this sight http://www.thefind.com and putt in the name of the surge protector and it will give you the cheapest models available on the internet from multiple sites I use this site to purchase everything online good luck I saw the strip protector in the picture you posted from behind the stove and i would recommend a better one. Just a my opinion

Hello- I appreciate the advice! :) I will check it out.
Just curious....what brand/model? I hope not one of those "computer surge strips" (worthless).

Englander Timber ridge TRP 55-10 1500 sq footer

Looks great...That room is way to clean!!

I would either center the picture over the stove or take it down (just my .02):p

Thanks ---yeah th epic was centered for previous room layout before the stove install! ;) gotta move it for sure! thanks!

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Smooth looking install, Stove fits nicely! ;)

Thanks- burning Somersets first-- not sure if i like them yet---17 hrs on first bag at mid-level setting on a NOT-TO-COLD night :(

BTW, what is the inherent problem with an average hardware store surge strip like I have? Thanks!, just trying to learn the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.