Burn Cord Wood in P68???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shield1561

Jan 11, 2009
Mooers, NY
Hi all.

Just wanted to check, I have been offered some free cord wood that I can cut up and burn in my Harman P68 if possible. I always run it at stove temp max because of the square footage I heat, it seems to keep it the warmest. Figured I would ask if its possible to burn the cord wood in it if I cut it up small enough, and if maybe there is an insert that I might need if its even possible. It would only burn the cord wood when I'm home in the room, not sleeping/work/etc. Thanks for any info.

-Justin

Please tell me you are joking......................

Hey there Justin. No, you cannot burn anything but Pellets in your Pellet Stove. Maybe use the wood for backyard fires, but please do not put it in your P68.

Use of cord wood in a pellet device is prohibited by law.

In addition it voids all warranties and safety listings.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I didn't think I could, but I wanted to make sure before I refused the wood. Don't really have a place to burn it this winter, maybe I'll pile it up and plan a mid-winter bonfire or have him find someone else who can use it to heat their house. I guess its time to pick up some more pellets, not bad at $239/ton delivered and hand unloaded in Mooers, NY.

-Justin

You could get a hammer mill and a pellet mill to go with it. That should only cost about $8k.

I'll come pick it up when you;re done!

Status
Not open for further replies.