Burn in?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same stove. While I do not remember if the break-in burns were required by the manfacturer, (I thought they were). It can not hurt to do it. Remember you also need to cure the paint on any new piping associated with the install. I do remember that there were smells associated with curing paint. It must have been the stove as I was reusing existing flue pipe. Why not go ahead and do it in case. Wait a couple of hours between small and growing fires until you can fire it up completely in the evening. I think that I did two break in fires.

Hope this helps.

Jack, a couple small fires never hurt. For one thing, it will help get the crap off the stove pipe. Maybe a 300 degree stove top followed by a 400 degree and you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.