burn plate missing Jotul 118....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anagama

Oct 7, 2010
bloomington IN
Well I got an older 118 super cheap off of craigslist to heat my studio.... and I have a Vermont casting in the house they are both on the older side... both need replacement parts....the 118 is without a upper burn plate.....I knew that it was missing but did not realize how hard/expensive it was going to be to replace ....I dont mind paying the $ for a new plate but if there is a after market or a "used" retail that anyone can direct me that would great or good advice..... I would rather go cheaper but don't want to buy crap either......

It should have the Norwegian phrase on the top front panel and have a big Jotul cast into the door front. Post a picture if still unsure.

I'm surprised there is no label at all, but regardless it's an oldie, but goodie.

Status
Not open for further replies.