burn pot gasket on Harman P-38

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCPO

Minister of Fire
I`m wondering if I should replace it since it`s original in my 8 yr old stove.
Should I get the one that`s already pre-cut or is the material easy to work with so I can make my own?
Thanks.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thanks. That`s usually advice that I subscribe to but I`m not sure if the curling smoke I saw (on startup) coming out around the upper right rear of the burnpot was caused by it or not. I also feel I have to turn up the feed rate more than usual to get a higher flame.
So a new one won`t hurt I suppose.

curling smoke is caused by warping of the flame guide or a flame guide that isn't seated properly from carbon build up
Thanks Scott. I didn`t notice any warping when cleaning it but I`ll check that closer. Hopefully it`s just not seating properly..

Status
Not open for further replies.