Burn pot on Quad CB1200 sticky

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kobalt

Aug 5, 2008
Prince Edward Island
I have anew CB1200 quadfire which has about 12 bags of pellets burned through it so far. When I pull the lever to clean the fire pot it is very hard to pull out and I have to push it back in. Is there a solution to this issue or is it normal?

Kobalt

Mine is hard too......its normal. I do it once a day and then empty the ash pan to rid myself of clinkers. I notice that it depends on the pellet as to how hard it is to pull the lever. Bottom line.....clean is better.

I had the same problem recently on my Quadra-Fire Castile. I took a screwdriver and gave the bottom of the burn pot a good scraping. There was a hard resin build-up that was preventing the burn-pot door from opening and closing smoothly. Took a lot of scraping but when I was done it was good as new. Try a good scraping and avoid loosening the bolts and messing with the door clearance as others might suggest.

This is very common with Quadrafire stoves it appears. I have the problem. Last time I took a screwdriver and worked over the inside of the burn pot door very well. A shot of WD40 seems to also help. It's a tight fit and only works if there is no buildup.

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I thought that I was maybe having a problem. It all makes sense now thanks to all your help.

Kobalt

Go ahead an toss that scraper that came with the stove in the trash. Get a chisel or screw driver. It is common (and mentioned in the owners manual I believe) to have to scrape the door.

Hey TboneMan you got it right. Took a big flat screw driver this PM and scraped the door and it now works like new. Thanks again everyone for your help.

Kobalt

Status
Not open for further replies.