Burn pot overflowing Englander 25-pdv. HELP!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mykl78

Oct 24, 2011
Seabrook, NH
Why is my burn pot overflowing with unburned pellets? I have been using Greene Team pellets this season and I can't fire my stove above heat setting 3 overnight without unburned pellets flowing over. I called Englander and explained my problem. I was instructed by the rep to install a new burn pot gasket as it is a 2003 model and it may be worn out. The gasket arrived, a meticulous cleaning performed AGAIN on every part of stove (I took my time and removed EVERY part and cleaned them and did leaf blower trick) and it is still burning horribly. I find that even during the evening when I am home, if I fire the stove up to 6 the glass is dirty within 4 hours or so and the pot is close to overflow. I have replaced the door gasket, window gasket, hopper gasket and it is still not performing like it use to. Maybe the combustion blower is weak? OAK is installed and nothing is blocked. Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated.

Mykl78 said:
Why is my burn pot overflowing with unburned pellets? I have been using Greene Team pellets this season and I can't fire my stove above heat setting 3 overnight without unburned pellets flowing over. I called Englander and explained my problem. I was instructed by the rep to install a new burn pot gasket as it is a 2003 model and it may be worn out. The gasket arrived, a meticulous cleaning performed AGAIN on every part of stove (I took my time and removed EVERY part and cleaned them and did leaf blower trick) and it is still burning horribly. I find that even during the evening when I am home, if I fire the stove up to 6 the glass is dirty within 4 hours or so and the pot is close to overflow. I have replaced the door gasket, window gasket, hopper gasket and it is still not performing like it use to. Maybe the combustion blower is weak? OAK is installed and nothing is blocked. Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated.

When you did the leaf blower trick did you also clean the termination cap, frequently they get quite cruddy and you don't notice it when you take it off to use the leaf blower?

Have you checked your burn program and the low burn settings?

Did you remove and clean the combustion blower fan?

Cap removed and cleaned, low burn set to 1, and combustion fan (which I thought to be the culprit) was cleaned with care and didn't improve my burn.

Mykl78 said:
Cap removed and cleaned, low burn set to 1, and combustion fan (which I thought to be the culprit) was cleaned with care and didn't improve my burn.

Which low burn setting is 1?

There are 2 low burn feed and low burn air ?

ETA: I'm out of here maybe someone with a PDV will show up to help.

Feed is set to 1, air is 9/max. I hope someone can help. I'm poised to scrap the old girl and get a new stove before the real cold get's here.

My settings on mine are 5-9-1 in that order from the factory. its a stove made in 2005. Any chance if you did any maintanence to the auger the wires could be installed backwards meaning your Auger in the hopper is running constant, and the lower auger is intermittent? Try adjusting the Feed setting to 5 and go from there.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.