Burn Time Jotul 602 first overnight...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonsered

Feb 7, 2010
Woodstock CT
Well I finally loaded my stove at 11:00 pm to test my overnight burn time. I was a little apprehensive about how long I would get out of it but I had about a 3.5 hr burn and then loaded it and dampened the stove all the way down (with the door air control) and went to bed. This morning I checked it at 7:00 am and still had enough coals to get it going again! I am very excited to know that I should most likely be getting 7 to 8 hrs on a full load. I do recognize that this may present an issue during my work week as I am gone for about 12 hrs by the time I drive to work and drive home. I'll probably need to put some electric base board in to cover me for the times when it goes out but I really should not need a whole lot of electric heat!!!!!

thats pretty good for a 602!

~*~vvv~*~ said:
colder weather eats up the wood faster

I know but this is an un insulated cabin so I should gain from insulation whatever I lose from colder temps (crosses fingers).

Nate

Get yourself stocked up with lots of good kindling so that restarting the stove is easy. Cabinetry and floor shops are good places to get quantities of nice dry scraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.