Burn time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_W

Sep 26, 2007
20 mile West of Pittsburgh
New to this site but in my reading it is certainly full of useful info!
I have a FPX model 36 elite insert four years now and would love to be able to increase its burn time. Currently I can only keep this thing burning about 3 hours after a fill.
Realizing now I have done some things wrong. The chimney is placed in an unheated chase, 2 story house, about 20+ feet of pipe.
The air control seems tricky, currently where I keep it the glass stays clean for a week or so. Push it any further and the glass soot’s but it seems like the burn time increases.
Thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

Wow, I have a fan club ;~) Could be a lot of things...wet wood would be my best guess. I am sure others will chime in asking about the chimney, insulation, wood type etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.