Burned a bag of previously wet pellets...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John97

Feeling the Heat
Nov 18, 2011
Spring Hill, FL
While I was out earlier today I realized I didn't fill the hopper this morning. I had the wife/son get a bag out of the garage and dump it in. I came home and checked and found a bunch of puffy pellets and sawdust. My best guess is that 30% of the pellets got wet. I decided to just let it go and see what happens.

Well, it burned all day, I just topped it off tonight with 3/4 of a bag of fresh pellets. If it runs all night, it'll be fine. :)

I saved a couple of the puffy pellets and will be having a training seminar tomorrow.

When I load my hopper up I just grab a full bag, throw it on top and cut the bottom letting the entire bag emtpy into the hopper. One time I grabbed a bag that must of had some moisture in it and I started seeing puffy pellets go in and in a second the bag is empty b/c of the giant hole I just cut into it. All I did was mix the hopper up and turned the bad pellets into dust. It ran fine with zero issues.

I called my wife on the phone and told her to have the boy dump a bag in the hopper.

John97 said:
I called my wife on the phone and told her to have the boy dump a bag in the hopper.

Ya have to be careful, it is a strange lot that hangs out here ;-) .

SmokeyTheBear said:
John97 said:

No kidding. Where's Jay been anyway? :lol:

smoke show said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
John97 said:

No kidding. Where's Jay been anyway? :lol:

I think he meant you lil green dude! I'm perfectly normal. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.