Burning again in June!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StihlHead

Well, its nuclear winter here in the PNW this "summer". It got down to 39 here last night and the snow levels are down below pass level again in the Cascades. Seems that we have had a lot of fluke storms here this year. I am burning again... cottonwood and scrap wood from rebuilding my garage.

Lets see... its a balmy 46 degrees outside here now and raining lightly. I am working outide in my winter clothes. I am thinking of selling this place and moving to warmer climes... (again).

Come on out. I am burning two air conditioner loads of electrons at the moment. But 82 today was great compared to this date last year when it was 102.

Hope you guys warm up soon.

I'm really tired of being cold (I know, I know...I say that every Spring ;hm )...but this year is getting to be pretty ridiculous. Almost to the Ides of June and still way below normal temps. Looks like we may finally see some low 70's this coming week. What a treat that is to look forward to! :) Rick

Head back this way Rick. Ya won't be cold. Thunderstormed to death maybe. But not cold. You would have a ball on that balcony watching lightning this year. Like any Spring here.

Actually outside of drowning this is only the third real spring I remember here where it wasn't freezing one night and the nineties and high humidity the next so I can't complain. But seven inches of rain in three weeks was a tad much.

Geez... the high so far this year at my house has been 82 degrees. That was a few weeks ago. We were supposed to dry out and warm up, but the forecast has changed back to more rain and more cold weather. Not that I love living in A/C, I have lived in Florida and San Diego. But this is rediculous. In the past 2 years we have broken at least 6 records for monthly rainfall, tied or beat snowfall records, had tornadoes touch down last year and this, had the most consecutive days of rain (last year) and the most cool days going back 120 years or so. I have had 5 inches of rain here this month...

Living here just sucks. We have reverted to weather that Louis and Clark recorded when they came out here a looooong time ago.

My poor garden! But at least the grass seed I planted today will stay wet. It's actually been warm enough the last two nights that I haven't had a fire. But I've thought about it.

Had a fire last week, but since then we have been fortunate and dodged the rain bullet recently. Living south of the convergence zone has it's bennies. It's been sunny and dry enough that I've had to water the past few days and will again tonight. Cooler than I'd like, but I am glad to see nighttime temps in the 50's finally. This is going on year 3 of Juneuaries and my tomatoes would really appreciate a bit more warmth. Flea beetles have been insanely prolific this year and have made a mess of the eggplants. Peppers are also wimping. C'mon sun!

I broke down and started a fire again tonight. June 18th! My garden is begging for sun! Put out more slug bait again. My grass seed was hammered with rain last night. I had an inch in the gauge this morning. I hope my grass comes up ok.

We will burn a fire tonight, if for no other reason than to say that we burned on the last day of spring. The hosue hangs in the mid 60s with this wet weather.

I took the motorcycle to an off-road event just over chinook pass toward Yakima on Father's Day and it was nice and sunny over there in Eastern WA.

The pumpkins need more sun, we grown from seed and they are only 4 inches across right now.

I am burning again today to stay warm. It was a balmy 48 degrees this morning, and 61 inside. Now its 54 outside and 66 inside. Burning scrap wood from my garage remodel.

Raining hard outside now. My cat is soaked and meowing that he wants to move to Arizona. Supposed to be this way though Wednesday... I mean, it is summer, isn't it?

At least the price of gas is coming down after the collusion price fixing event... er, I mean "maintenence shutdowns"... at the western US gas refineries.

... I mean, it is summer, isn't it?

Astronomically speaking, yes, it's Summer. But then Summer's defined by the solar system, not by how it feels to us...:p (I'm tired of being cold, as well...but then I've said that every Spring/early Summer since I moved to Oregon). It's just gotta get warmer than this....doesn't it? :rolleyes: Soon....

Um, Bend should be hot by now. Time was that I could pop over Mt Hood and into the sun (in the 1980's) even if it was dismal here. We used to keep our trailer in Prineville and go there to roast this time of year. When I was a kid (in the 1960s) we would be picking strawberries by now in the heat here in the Willamette Valley. As soon as school got out in June we picked berries in the sun.

This is nuclear winter... and for the last 3 years in a row.

It was almost 80°F day before yesterday...then a "system" came through that dropped our daytime high temp by 20°F overnight and brought clouds, wind, and rain. Should be getting over that and back toward normal here in a couple of days. Not bad outside this afternoon, but still a good deal cooler than it "should" be. Stay warm & dry. Rick

We'll likely have a fire tonight. 54F at 3pm, rainy and windy. It looks like today will set another record low high temp today. Making me grumpy and ready to head south.

We burned each day this weekend. mid 50s outside and low 60s inside makes me unhappy. I spent most of the weekend inside the shop waxing the RV, a good grey weather project.

Heading to Chelan on Thursday for a week. It is forecast to be 80 degrees and sunny every day. Bringing the dirtbike for some backcountry exploring.

When I come back, it had better be sunny. I didn't clean the RV just to have to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.