Burning cleanings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kappel15

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2014
Iowa
I have a homemade cyclone bucket between my shop vac and the surclean cleaner. After about 70 bushel, the bucket was getting full. I took it outside and sifted it between two buckets with a fan blowing on it. I wound up with 3/4 bucket of cracked/pc's of corn. I mixed it up with pellets in three buckets. The first one is burning nicely in my Sante Fe. Waste not,want not. lol kap

I feed fines to the pheasants and horse.

I feed fines to the pheasants and horse.
I would rather feed the stove. lol Though, what blew out I scooped up and put in my bird feeder mix, and the rest I blew to the side of the driveway. So I guess everybody is getting some. I seen deer, rabbit, and squirrel eating it. And if I'm lucky, i'll be eating them! lol Nothing like Iowa corn fed critters. kap

Status
Not open for further replies.