burning corn in PB 105???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceguy4

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2011
Upstate, NY
Does anyone know if this will void warranty?

Looks like corn is listed under the high ash fuels. So you should be fine.

PB105.JPG

I think ALL Harmans were said to be 50/50 corn/pellets....

But, you need to make sure you have the venting to handle such fuels also.

I know that all there freestanding models are rated to burn 50/50. So the PF and PB should also be the same? But I would check with a dealer, tech, or another owner that is 100% sure

corn......say bye-bye to your pipe unless you have corn pipe, and say hello to varmints!

Looks like corn is listed under the high ash fuels. So you should be fine.
Jay, you need to read a little farther along on that page....

"CAUTION! Tested and approved for use with wood
pellets ONLY. Burning of any other fuel will void your
warranty."

Ice Guy, seeing that this is in your owners manual, hard to believe you didn't see that on P. 21

Jay, you need to read a little farther along on that page....

"CAUTION! Tested and approved for use with wood
pellets ONLY. Burning of any other fuel will void your
warranty."

Ice Guy, seeing that this is in your owners manual, hard to believe you didn't see that on P. 21

Well, I only read the clip I posted. Wonder why they wouldn't have the warning in the same clip? Sorry ice guy. But that would prolly void the warranty! <>

Well, I only read the clip I posted. Wonder why they wouldn't have the warning in the same clip? Sorry ice guy. But that would prolly void the warranty! <>

I thought they released an "Update" stating all Harmans are rated for a 50/50 mix?

Need a dealer/tech to chime in. I seen the posting at Erics shop on the wall. All there stoves are the same, as far as combustion components, the bodies and how there energy is transferred is the only difference.

m
I thought they released an "Update" stating all Harmans are rated for a 50/50 mix?

Need a dealer/tech to chime in. I seen the posting at Erics shop on the wall. All there stoves are the same, as far as combustion components, the bodies and how there energy is transferred is the only difference.
my dealer called the presure igniter a "corn igniter"

I like how they put the big caution warning there even though the manufacturers that use additives don't admit that they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.