Burning Green Team from Lowes now....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
They seem to burn very hot, cannot say anything about the ash yet because i put the 1st bag early this morning, but we'll see.

Burning now? Holly crap, My stove hasn't seen fire since sunday morning!

GT's did pretty good for me. My stove liked them, Bit more ash than some of the others. But good overall. Our buddy swears by GT's.

Reactions: geek
I really liked the greene teams. I don't have much to compare them to but I went a long time without having to empty the ash pan. Guess it helps to have a large ash pan. Allows me not to worry as much about the ash content as long as I keep up with the quick weekly brush downs.

Went through a ton and a half this season. I like em.

Tried several bags this year. Good heat but high a price locally.

Same result for me, good heat and a little more ash than some. Bought them at Lowes for the same price as mepellet above.
I was saving the last ton for the cold weather... guess I'll have some for next year!

Yes, they are too expensive now. I bought 2 tons in September for $177/ton.

Nice...I should have jumped on them or the MWP then too.:oops:

Burning now? Holly crap, My stove hasn't seen fire since sunday morning!

GT's did pretty good for me. My stove liked them, Bit more ash than some of the others. But good overall. Our buddy swears by GT's.

i had the t-stat set for 70, stove stopped this afternoon, I dont know the temp but the heat was pretty good I'd say.

If he likes them so much maybe we can join forces and buy together but he's always buying late around fall...o_O

Just using my stove at night as it still gets in the
30's-40's..

because of the warm temps, stove went off a couple times yesterday and then off this morning. Checked the burn pot and i didn't like the clinker, not a full bag burned and there was a clinker....:(
I am disappointed as i was thinking on early buy on the GT.

Maybe there's a trim setting I could adjust?

because of the warm temps, stove went off a couple times yesterday and then off this morning. Checked the burn pot and i didn't like the clinker, not a full bag burned and there was a clinker....:(
I am disappointed as i was thinking on early buy on the GT.

Maybe there's a trim setting I could adjust?

Hmmmm Ive burned just under 2 ton of gt this year and haven't had a clinker. Is your stove a top feeder? Any agitator?

Top feeder, no agitator.

Burned about two ton GT so far. Yes they can be ashy, but overall a clean burning pellet (no clinkers here).

Would gladly use again next year (especially if I can pick them up at $177 a ton again :))

Geek, About all you can do is try increase the combustion air and/or reducing the amount of feul feed in. If the clinker was bad? I'd do both. Your stove doesn't have a damper. But does have both combustuion trim and feed trim. Try raising the combustion air up 2 settings. Maybe even drop the feed trim a couple as well.

Keep us posted.

Reactions: geek
Medium size clinker but it formed too quick in the run. Since temps are getting warmer it might be late to try trimming those settings but let me check the manual and try that today. the flame seems a bit lazy with GT so let's see if changing the trim settings help also.

If adjusting this the pellet burns better then i think i will buy them in bulk because 2 things i like about them:
1. i like how hot they burn.
2. the carbon buildup in the cleaning rod that i was getting with the Somersets is very low with the GT, not sure why...:cool:

Medium size clinker but it formed too quick in the run. .......the flame seems a bit lazy with GT so let's see if changing the trim settings help also.

If adjusting this the pellet burns better then i think i will buy them in bulk because 2 things i like about them:
1. i like how hot they burn.
2. the carbon buildup in the cleaning rod that i was getting with the Somersets is very low with the GT, not sure why...:cool:

Lazy flame is not a pellet problem....it's an air problem, as mentioned above. GT's burn just fine for me during testing, and no indication of any clinkers.

here's a clinker,,,,this happened overnight.

Attachments

• clinker.JPG
    clinker.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 153
Me too, had good luck with GT's almost went through 2 tons.:)

fixed view angle

Attachments

• clinker.JPG
    clinker.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.