Burning hardwood pellets....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewChurchill

Minister of Fire
Mar 31, 2008
Vermont
For the first time in 4 years. My usual supplier was out of pellets 2 weeks ago and said they were getting a shipment this coming week.

I stopped by this weekend to add another pallet to the order and they told me their delivery was delayed by another week. I've still got about a ton in the pellet bin but with another cold snap coming up I don't want to be caught short handed.

The other places around here only have hardwood pellets to I was stuck. I picked up 25 bags of Green Supremes. I'll see how they burn. It will be interesting to see if I get any clinkers.

For the first time in 4 years. My usual supplier was out of pellets 2 weeks ago and said they were getting a shipment this coming week.

I stopped by this weekend to add another pallet to the order and they told me their delivery was delayed by another week. I've still got about a ton in the pellet bin but with another cold snap coming up I don't want to be caught short handed.

The other places around here only have hardwood pellets to I was stuck. I picked up 25 bags of Green Supremes. I'll see how they burn. It will be interesting to see if I get any clinkers.
Interesting to see if you get any heat, never mind clinkers

Reactions: MacP and slvrblkk
Andy, I'm surprised that you haven't run down to Rutland and picked up some of Vermont Pellets. They are a great softie. I've never burned Green Supremes but I burn mostly hardwood pellets in my PB105 and have great heat from them. Currently burning Lignetics hardwoods. Haven't seen you on here for a while. Glad to see you back.

As long as the burn pot doesn't get filled with clinkers I'll get plenty of heat.

Rutland is a 4 hour round trip from my place and I don't have a truck or trailer big enough to make it worth the drive. At my other house I have bulk delivery and those are Vermont's.

At my past two houses I have been using Spruce Points for the past 4 years. I've never had a clinker with either the PB105 or the Pellergy unit. Plus the place I buy them from does free delivery whether I want 1 ton or 10 tons delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.