Burning Issues former members

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

restorer

Aug 16, 2006
Salt Lake City, Utah
Took a look at the BI forums to see what was shaking over there. Noticed some well thought out postings by HN members, but also noted more of the Guest status for some posters. And I noticed the forums seem to be shrinking? Brought to mind the question as to how many have visited, joined and been banned from here? There seems to be lots of new members since I was tossed, so we have some impact.

Honestly, I kinda gave up digging over there. Most of the arguments are well worn, and not going anywhere as far as I can tell.

I got banned for pointing out Bohdi's foolishness in quoting research that was inherently flawed. Those people aren't interested in debate, but simply are radicals with nothing to offer in the real scheme of things.

Just noticed the stats down at the bottom of the page "most users ever online was 51 on 12/16/06" If you look at the memberlist - only 28 joined prior to 12/18. Not sure if the stat includes "guests" or not, but if not, there must have been a wave of bannings before "we" got there.

Over the years I found it best to ignore that particular site and crowd. I am very open to the other side of the wood debate, but it must be at least relatively sane and open to change and education. Funny thing is that I somewhat agree with the premise - we do have to cut down on lots of pollution like open burning of biomass (sugar fields, etc.) and I would not complain if open fireplaces were held to at least some standard of cleanliness.

stoveguy2esw said:
one thing i did notice there the other day, at the bottom of a thread, it said "you may not... initiate posts , edit posts.. etc, did anyone else see that?

That shows up in most forums if you aren't logged in as a member at the moment.

my comment added nothing to the discussion so I removed it Wink wink Gunner

Elk's got his paddle out and he's stirring up some $hit.

I though you where going to lay low for awhile....atleast until the flames died down with your favourite co.... expecially since you where the one recommending the collapsable inserts a few months back.

Mike I can’t recomend the winter warm. VC has been listening and are currently redesigning a new insert, however the dutch west DW 2500 is not a bad choice either
I too like the jotul looks you have. The Hampton 300HI is a real nice insert as well

or perhaps you just recommend units you have never seen, cuz I know you like to talk about PE and you've never seen one of them either ;-P

Webmaster said:
Over the years I found it best to ignore that particular site and crowd. I am very open to the other side of the wood debate, but it must be at least relatively sane and open to change and education. Funny thing is that I somewhat agree with the premise - we do have to cut down on lots of pollution like open burning of biomass (sugar fields, etc.) and I would not complain if open fireplaces were held to at least some standard of cleanliness.

Craig,

You run a fair, open-minded, tolerant (I know...you tolerate me :) ) conservative site compared to the BI site.

Gunner said:
Elk's got his paddle out and he's stirring up some $hit.

I though you where going to lay low for awhile....atleast until the flames died down with your favourite co.... expecially since you where the one recommending the collapsable inserts a few months back.

Mike I can’t recomend the winter warm. VC has been listening and are currently redesigning a new insert, however the dutch west DW 2500 is not a bad choice either
I too like the jotul looks you have. The Hampton 300HI is a real nice insert as well

or perhaps you just recommend units you have never seen, cuz I know you like to talk about PE and you've never seen one of them either ;-P

I finally got banned the first time about 4 weeks ago..........but only after pointing out to Bodhi and others several times that they were using warped logic in their arguments........then I went to another computer and signed on again......first time I was "castiron" when I got banned then I signed on as "soapstone" and got banned again.........

I'm running out of e-mail accounts, and computers to use with which to log onto the BI web page.....LOL...logged on tonight and that radical, leftist Mary, still wants to float her petition to take away wood stoves in her town...so I told them I lived in Hollywood and the smog was killing us and that I was floating a petition to ban automobiles and that my buddy lived in her town and was doing likewise there....and I asked her if she was willing to give up her auto when she makes my buddy give up his wood burner..............evidently that little bi*&h can't defend herself and she ran to that pompus, uneducated, blow-hard Bodhi because when I logged on 15 min later to see if she responded, I was banned.......for the nth time.............

castiron said:
I'm running out of e-mail accounts, and computers to use with which to log onto the BI web page.....LOL...logged on tonight and that radical, leftist Mary, still wants to float her petition to take away wood stoves in her town...so I told them I lived in Hollywood and the smog was killing us and that I was floating a petition to ban automobiles and that my buddy lived in her town and was doing likewise there....and I asked her if she was willing to give up her auto when she makes my buddy give up his wood burner..............evidently that little bi*&h can't defend herself and she ran to that pompus, uneducated, blow-hard Bodhi because when I logged on 15 min later to see if she responded, I was banned.......for the nth time.............

Oh Crap, I got excited that something was happening. What a shill. Fact is, we had fun rattlng their chains. Got some of us so hot we got banned. Some of us more than once. Some of us more than twice(need I go further.) Fact is little minds, little value. We exercised our feelings and scholarily knowledge, let's let them waddle in their own puddle.

i never got banned, i figured i would after i shot their epa woodstove study full of holes and asked bodhi why on earth would he want to throw open his windows in the dead of winter allowing the nasty wood smoke in. guess i didnt bark enough to get locked out. havent looked in at the smoke fascist site lately, probably wont for a while unless sombody has another "call to arms" about the BS in there. by the way , i think "mary" is really rosie odonnell

Status
Not open for further replies.