Burning methods question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Feeling the Heat
Oct 28, 2013
Delaware
I started a fire a few hours ago. House is toasty. My question when temp is stable around four hundred, small flame large coal mound how do you guys leave it to go to bed. Usually I don't mess with it air is closed and I leave it that way until relight in morning. Right now though we don't need a relight in morning. Should I half way air to let coals burn or is it just better to leave it how it is and let burn down slowly. Just a question that popped in head as this heat is putting me to sleep haha

This time of year ... just leave it be.

During the cooler months ... reload on the smaller coals, get the fire settled down ... and then head to bed.

That's what I figured. Just wanted to see if I was missing any secrets haha

Nighty-nite ()

Status
Not open for further replies.