burning okies (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike56

Aug 13, 2010
broad brook,ct
Picked up 15 bags of okies at my pellet store in ct 5.50 per bag great place to do business with very nice people check them out on the web, they just received the okies yesterday 259.00 a ton i couldn't wait to start burning them heard nothing but good things from this forum, fired up the stove last night had to reset some settings but all is good, man do these burn hot, also moved 1.5 tons of hamers from the garage to the mud room by hand, good work out. saving the hamers for the really cold weather, still need to get 1/2 ton more of okies that will give me a total of 3 tons, should be enough for the winter. last pic is infernos and american wood fibers i have burned the infernos which i picked up at big y 6.00 a bag not worth it they burn ok but lots of ash the other bag american wood fibers was given to me from my pellet store to try.will let you know how the american wood fibers burn. i'm now addicted to this pellet thing is that wrong?LOL

Attachments

• IMG_1014.jpg
    IMG_1014.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_1015.jpg
    IMG_1015.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 587
Mike,

I think you will love the Okies. I do.

Funny to hear someone talk about getting a 1/2 ton of Okies and then mention saving the hamers for the really cold season....Nothing wrong with that. Just a bit upside down from most folks. :)

Good luck on your heating.

And NO!!!
There is nothing wrong with this whole pellet addiction. At least that's what I tell my closest friends. ;-)

---Nailer---

I never thought that I would be into trying different pellets, as a new stove owner I thought you just buy pellets and burn but from reading this forum I am really anxious to try different ones. So far I have a ton of crappy Woodpellet company from here in PA and I am just filled my stove with a bag of The Green Team from Lowes. Next week I am going to Agway to see what they have.

PQ77

PM sent
---Nailer---

pelletqueen77 said:
I never thought that I would be into trying different pellets, as a new stove owner I thought you just buy pellets and burn but from reading this forum I am really anxious to try different ones. So far I have a ton of crappy Woodpellet company from here in PA and I am just filled my stove with a bag of The Green Team from Lowes. Next week I am going to Agway to see what they have.

Not all pellets are created equal. And not all stoves will burn then the exact same.

Check this

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/58243/

The first post has 2 links to my testing results for the group. I did this to show they are not all the same. Just remember your mileage may very.

Hopefully this season we will have a few more brands sampled.

j-takeman said:
pelletqueen77 said:

Not all pellets are created equal. And not all stoves will burn then the exact same.

Check this

The first post has 2 links to my testing results for the group. I did this to show they are not all the same. Just remember your mileage may very.

its amazing that just looking at the pics of barefoots & corinths i can see the diff in density. Look at the bags! as to evaluating the "heat" of a pellet, interior & exterior temps should be recorded + combustion air humidity especially if using an OAK on the stove.......vvv.....etc.

~*~vvv~*~ said:
j-takeman said:
pelletqueen77 said:

Check this

its amazing that just looking at the pics of barefoots & corinths i can see the diff in density. Look at the bags! as to evaluating the "heat" of a pellet, interior & exterior temps should be recorded + combustion air humidity especially if using an OAK on the stove.......vvv.....etc.

He we go again. I got a few things you can measure!

j-takeman said:
~*~vvv~*~ said:
j-takeman said:
pelletqueen77 said:

Check this

i dont have a micrometer!

~*~vvv~*~ said:
j-takeman said:
~*~vvv~*~ said:
j-takeman said:
pelletqueen77 said:

Check this

This thread just went to the dumpster! Sent you a PM.

j-takeman said:
~*~vvv~*~ said:
j-takeman said:
~*~vvv~*~ said:
j-takeman said:
pelletqueen77" date="1286749936 said:

Check this

This thread just went to the dumpster! Sent you a PM.
slow mail today, holiday?

I don't see twinports doing any humidty or temp logging in there testing.

I said I would check density and bag weights 100 times now! But there's no way I going to log all the other crap.

Sorry this thread was jacked and hopefully it will get back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.