Today was an exciting day (for a dorky woodburner). I got to have my first experience burning pine! I have to admit despite reading everything I have always been nervous to try it. So this year around April, I picked up 4-5 four foot logs of pine that I knew had been cut and dead for about 3 years (laying in a parking lot nearby where I live). I c/s/s stacked it in April, and just gave a try of burning it today since its pretty warm here right now. I am impressed! Mind you this pine is about as dry as a 1,000 year timber beam at this point, but it is burning really clean, and is actually HOT! Obviously its not going to burn as long as the other woods, but I am really surprised at the heat just one or two pieces are throwing off all by themselves. My window is not dirty, and I'm not getting smoke, so I have to think its probably burning pretty clean? I don't have much of it so I'm not too worried regardless, but thats my impression. Just thought I would jot down my observations, as long as its dry, seems to throw off some short but very hot heat! EDIT: Also have to say, its not sparking bad at all, I thought I read throwing sparks was a big problem with pine, but it doesn't seem to be popping/sparking much? Maybe just because its so dry though!