Burning Pine wood,...............?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I've burnt in the Century this year has been pine. I'll hit the hardwood when it gets colder and I need longer burns. I haven't needed any heat from the 30 yet. Regular cooking has kept the house warm enough.

Matt

Was 77F here today. And I have a 8 month pregnant wife. I'm a long way from burning. Even if its in the 40s at night!

I'm watching beautiful secondaries dancing above a load of scots pine right now. We scrounge and a lot of folks still believe the pine will burn your house down myth around here so we get a lot of it. I'd bet 90% of what we burn this year will be pine, with maybe a bit of box elder and misc stuff mixed in. I LOVE pine. Easy to find and lighter than oak too (for the lifting of the rounds and stacking), lol.

Reactions: Insomnivore
Reactions: BillLion
Here in NH people love hating on pine... they pay you to take it away!
http://nh.craigslist.org/zip/4148335467.html

Wish I wasn't across the state... wouldn't mind being PAID to have heat for a month or two.

Huh....that's about 25 min from me - might have to hit that up! I've been burning all pine so far - about a cord for this fall and spring - love it and I get pretty decent burn times from it too. Cheers!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Yea that would be a deal. If its all rotted up not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.