Burning Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bschrager

Sep 23, 2009
Long Island
Hello everyone, I have a Whitfield pellet stove with manual controls for the damper and auger. I think I have the burn settings down pretty well but how should you pellets burn in the pit? Should there be enough pellets so the ones that come down the chute from the auger down make the ones in the pit fly around still burning, or less? Thanks.

Thats sounds correct. To answer your question, yes som eof the pellets will fly around when burning and you should see sparks flying from the burn pot.

When I had my two Whitfields, I alway used the flame as a guide as to how much air I needed. If the flame is lively, bright yellow, and dances around, its highly likely you have the correct air setting. If the pellets pile up in the burn pot or your flame looks lazy, then you need more air.

Status
Not open for further replies.