Burning red oak.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right about all the beech along that stretch. West of the Escanaba River though, you'll not find much outside of some SW of Escanaba.

You are right about all the beech along that stretch. West of the Escanaba River though, you'll not find much outside of some SW of Escanaba.

Yes, lots of beech down the Stonington and Garden Peninsula's

You DON'T wanna burn that red oak . . . highly acidic and it will eat your boiler alive. It's also poisonous so you don't want that stuff around!

Where you at??

I believe you are thinking about CEDAR. That is everything you said. I live in the Houston area and Cedar trees are everywhere. I even have one in my yard. Its great for a number of projects but burning NOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.