Burning season all but over, how warm were you?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

On average, how warm was you common living areas?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 tons and 3 cords, out of pellets but have plenty of wood, temp right now is 43
smiley-angry047.gif
Always nice to have a back up ;)

Triple redundancy is SOP;)

Well, the weather has warmed up some now and last night we did not have afire at all.
This morning the house was right at 70F indoors, so all is well

This weekend will see cooler wetter weather back to our neck of the woods, so its a good bet that we will have a small fire.

3 tons and 3 cords, out of pellets but have plenty of wood, temp right now is 43
smiley-angry047.gif

Folks what we have here is proof positive that a Harman pellet stove can not create heat when it is out of pellets.

Let's see is that:

A: Harman stove problem?
B: Operator malfunction?
C: Harman dealer issue?
D: Other issue?
E: All of the above?
F: None of the above?

3 tons 70-72 degrees ...early morning run to take out the chill

Well, it's Sunday morning and its 69f in the house.

Had the bedroom window open till about 1 am and a damned skunk wandered by :eek:

A bit cooler today with showers maybe.

If it cools a bit more, we may need a tiny spot fire to take off the chill.

A few more cool days, then back into the 70-80 F range later this coming week.

Hard to say what May and " June-uary" will offer.

Snowy

Reactions: DexterDay
Probably the last week here night time lows in 40's . Like Snowy said small fire to take the chill off at night and wake up to a warm house;)

We kept the living room at 73 or so all winter long. I'm still burning for a few hours in the morning. I usually have to get up around 4 am to check on one of the kids. The living room will be 67. After a winter of 73, 67 seems a bit cold, so I'll turn the stove on the lowest setting and go back to bed. By the time I wake up, it's nice and toasty. I burned right around 3 tons since I had the stove installed in mid November.

Burning season is still on. Snow this morning and through parts of the day - 7 C (19 F). And I still got a mosquito today. LOL!

I got home yesterday from work, I looked at the thermostat and it read 62, the first thing I did was go to the fire starter and kindling pile and fired her up...I had the room up to 78, it was toasty warm and looking fine. Still a few more days left here in jersey

Reactions: h2ochild
Averaged 70 degrees downstairs of my 1800 sq foot cape with 86 bags. 1.5 cord for dining room-upstairs

Mine has been coming on through the night, been warm in the days here, but it will soon be done.

Got up to 70 if I was lucky, or it wasn't that cold out. Didn't really like having to run the stove on 3 or 4, pellets go too fast. Will probably get one of those small electric fireplace heaters to put upstairs in the bedroom next winter. I think my stove is just too small to keep up (Greenfire GF55).

Status
Not open for further replies.