Burning some seasoned walnut and staying toasty today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished burning some walnut that had been stacked for over a year. Now transitioning into mostly red oak as the temps start to drop.

Well seasoned walnut mixed with BL. Nice and toasty.

All oak this year, some hickory and bL for the coldest of nights this winter.

uh, if you come upon any walnut logs of any significant length, better list it for sale, not burn it. with the whole MCM think hot now, alot of wood workers are using it.

Believe me, this is firewood. I cut it out of a fence row for a co-workers uncle.

It takes a nice log/tree to get any money out of black walnut around here. And it better not be in a yard, much less a fence row.

Cheers.

my house came with a small Regency on one side of the chimney; I added the Morso, 1.5 cu box, on the other side. boy, there's nothing like a few $600+ oil-bill gut punches to make a stove make sense. and we only have a small 150 gal tank.

Since we've remodeled to open concept, the air circulates much better in the common area.

i got a fill up back in Sept, about 700 bucks. complete punch in the gut. hopefully thats the last one for a while. oil feels like such a scam, they can charge any price and who knows how many gallons they actually put in your tank. such a ripoff. Motivates me to keeping finding wood scores and burning.

ya, open concept is great, easier to circulate and you won't get heated out of the room. i put mine in a 600sqft open room too. stays comfortable in there w/ stove pumping.

Believe it or not we burn about 80% soft maple through the days cold or not. Then oak, ash and honey locust[all hard woods] at night right before bed. House is high 70's all the time. Sure it don't last as long but burns HOT if seasoned for 2 years. I give all wood min 2 years, hard woods 3+ .

Thanks. All PT 2xs, OSB, tar papered and shingled. Use pavers to get things level. 4 racks, 16 footers, 6 high. Usually all are filled and ready for the burning season.

Status
Not open for further replies.