burning the cawley 800

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

knockbill

Jul 22, 2008
se pa
hi all,
well, it finally got chilly enough to burn the "new" stove and it seems to work fine... that wood i couldn't split, turned out to be ash, as i only got it in august, and its what i have been burning....
the cawley burns really hot and clean, no smoke after it warms up, and hardly any ash left after it burns out,,,i let it get up to 500 degrees, measured on the smoke collar, with one or two splits in it, this stove has a huge fire box, easily takes 24" wood, but it hasn't been cold enough to fill it yet...i'm confident it will heat the whole house...will send pics when i get them.......
i hope you all are ready for the burning season by now, and have had a chance to try your new installations...
keep the great info coming & stay warm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.