Burning time?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Mets Fan

Mar 21, 2011
Watertown CT
With temps being in the low to mid 60s, and it being rainy and gray, has anyone fired up their stoves yet?
Inside tempurature of my house is rough 70, and I have to admit the thought ran through my head.

I have thought about doing a "Test Burn" just to make sure.
We had a new control board installed(Under warranty) this Summer.
Temps may dip to 40's next week so will probably get that burn done then.
56 and still a bit humid this AM. Runing whole house fan and am comfortable in t-shirt.

ChrisA said:
.....has anyone fired up their stoves yet?....
No, and hopefully I won't need to until well into October, or later.

imacman said:
ChrisA said:
.....has anyone fired up their stoves yet?....
No, and hopefully I won't need to until well into October, or later.

House is down to 68 today, windows closed and I thought the wife was thinking about it. Good thing the stove is unplugged! :)

I just fired mine up yesterday, to make sure everything was ok. I am going to Alanta next week and wont be back untill the frist week on november, and did want the wife to worrie if it needs to be fired up. I am hoping not to start buring untill the end of October.

ran mine yesterday, was very damp and cool in here. burned about a half bag. now comfortable. May run it again if the dampness comes back or if "the boss" gets on me again.

save$ said:
ran mine yesterday, was very damp and cool in here. burned about a half bag. now comfortable. May run it again if the dampness comes back or if "the boss" gets on me again.

Sounds like a plan! Will wait till the "Boss" is cold before I fire it up. I will not have to contend with the "It's too warm in here" comments as much. Saturday night/Sunday morning temps might force a fire.

imacman said:
j-takeman said:
..... I thought the wife was thinking about it. Good thing the stove is unplugged! :)
:ahhh:

Must not have a "Boss" in the house? When the "Boss" says she's cold you turn on the heat. Ask questions later!

I'm sure some of the other members will attest?

j-takeman said:
imacman said:
j-takeman said:
..... I thought the wife was thinking about it. Good thing the stove is unplugged! :)

Must not have a "Boss" in the house? When the "Boss" says she's cold you turn on the heat. Ask questions later!

Do I even have to ASK who wears the pants in that family?? :lol:

imacman said:
j-takeman said:
imacman said:
j-takeman said:

Do I even have to ASK who wears the pants in that family?? :lol:

We both do! ;-P She's the boss when it comes to how hot/cold the house is.

Status
Not open for further replies.