Burning today to take the chill off! :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom

Hearth Supporter
Feb 16, 2010
Lake Arrowhead, CA
OK, it only dipped into the 50s last night but was still chilly this morning so fired up the ol' Harman Advance. What a treat!

Strange weather for southern California! Used the AC just over a week ago to sleep. Can't often burn in August except desert campfires. Who else has burned this summer, any mountain or desert members?

I will just add to your topic....I thought about it today. August 11th 50 degrees right now. In a sweater and sweat pants..CHILLLLLLLLLLLY

51 here in maine last night..open the windows...lol good sleeping weather......

I was thinking the same thing Roadking! Actually slept under the blankets last night!

It gets cold and I open the windows. It gets hot, I close the windows, draw the shades and head for the lake or the basement for some "woodworking" - aka staring at my stack of pellets and drinking a few.... beers.

I won't be firing up the stove until the leaves are all down, raked and mulched. Until then, the cold is welcomed!

Will heat end of Sept, maybe October. 50 deg is nice and comfortable, just have to move around.

Status
Not open for further replies.