Burning Video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tkirk22

Nov 20, 2007
VA Mountains
Here's a burning video from my second day of operation. I'm still learning what I can and cannot do to the stove so it's not the best burn. The fan sound is too loud but the flame waterfall is pretty cool. Next time, I'll turn the fan off and use a tripod.

[googlevideo]8605385200148806953[/googlevideo]

Anyone else have burning videos they want to share?

What type of stove? What are you burning, what is the stove top temp during the burn?

It's an Englander 13NCI insert so it's hard to measure the firebox top temp. On this burn, the temp at the front lip on the top firebox plate is probably in the 400 Fahrenheit range (magnetic thermometer). But that is with the convection air blowing over it.

The wood on the bottom is probably 3/4 seasoned poplar. The wood on top could be any mix of wood workers scrap hardwood that is as dry as it gets. That's what was causing the flames. I figured at this time of year and with a new install that it would be a good time to experiment.

I'm more curious as to how other peoples stoves look so I have something to gauge against. Anyone want to share their clips?

Don't have video but here is my Englander 30 getting hot and bothered.

Attachments

• secondary burn.jpg
    secondary burn.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 330
Status
Not open for further replies.