Burning Wood.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xbunzx

Feb 25, 2010
Forreston IL
I've been burning for about 16 years with a Fisher insert, but would have to use propane as my main heating. About 4 o 5 years ago I added on a bio-mass furnace love it heats the house really well. Never completely happy I changed out the insert this year and have not burned any propane or corn to date. So far the house has only gotten down to 62 and that was an over sleep. I've got $900.00 dollars sitting in corn and have not spent a dime, (well maybe about 20 bucks for gas in a saw) and keep the house around 70 to 74 all the time. Could of saved some money if I would of put the new insert in years ago.

I haven't burned a single drop of oil since I replaced my antique parlor stove with a gassifier.

Dune said:
I haven't burned a single drop of oil since I replaced my antique parlor stove with a gassifier.
If I was to start over with a new house it would have what you have..plus a stove on the main floor just to look at the fire once in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.