Burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted69

Aug 21, 2007
thought I was done for the season but it has been in the low 40s and raining the past few days.
My first year with my stove, but didnt think I would be able to use it this late in the year. I am not burning all night but enough to keep the chill out. I dont want to run the furnace if I dont have to.
Anyone else still burning?
ted

And you would be located where?

BrotherBart said:
And you would be located where?
Somewhere colder than I want to be in June!

about 2.5 hours N.E of Toronto Canada
calling for 48 tonight
overcast and rain
never this cool in June around here....but my mother in law is here and she is sitting by the stove and enjoying it.

We are doing 58 and rain tonight here in Virginia which is kinda unusual for us this time of year too.

Fortunately the MIL is 1300 miles away.

BrotherBart said:
We are doing 58 and rain tonight here in Virginia which is kinda unusual for us this time of year too.

Fortunately the MIL is 1300 miles away.
MIL? Sometimes I think I'm AC (acronymically challenged)

We hit 80* today. Not even gonna freeze tonight. Summer may have finally come to Central Oregon. Now maybe I can finally do my stove maintenance & have the chimneys cleaned. :) Rick

We may hit 70 tomorrow, maybe. But most of this week we haven't been over 60 and about 48 at night. My garden has told me to wake it up when it's summer. Good for broccoli though.

80 in Wisconsin, I knew it cutting and loading the truck with OAK!!! Why is it we complain when its too hot and them wish the warm weather back when its gone?

I've noticed some of the neighbors burning on and off... I noticed some smoke from at least one place on my way in this morning..

They must have pretty poorly insulated houses, it has been ~65 - 70 in the day and ~45 at night.. House hasn't dipped below 65 in the mornings yet.

This is in western NY, Corning/Horseheads area (out in the hills though..)

jpl1nh said:
MIL? Sometimes I think I'm AC (acronymically challenged)

MIL=Mother-In-Law

burntime said:
80 in Wisconsin, I knew it cutting and loading the truck with OAK!!! Why is it we complain when its too hot and them wish the warm weather back when its gone?

Not me, I only complain when its hot out......never when its cold. I should probably be living above the artic circle or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.