Burnpot on 55-trpep

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many bags of pellets have gone through the stove since the exhaust system was cleaned last?

i have put around 75 bags through for the year so far. I just made a gasket for my burnpot to see if sealing that up will help the burn time before cleanout.

1 1/2 tons through the stove, and the exhaust pipe hasn't been cleaned?

Your horizonal section is probably pretty loaded up....you might want to clean the whole vent before you go any further with anything.....

ive been burning for two hours now and no real build up has occurrd i will keep posted about hiw long it continues

will clean that out nextstill learning everything aboit this thing​
Yes, it DOES take time to learn the ins n outs of these stoves. Hang in there.

Even if the stove seems to burn better, you definitely need to clean the exhaust system. If you haven't heard or read about it, search for the "leaf blower trick" on the forum. Since you have an outdoor section of pipe, should be pretty easy to use the LBT.

i will definetly clean it out, i do have high hopes for the gasket i just installed around the burnpot it still holding strong and the pellets havent even risen over the two big holes 3/4 of the way down the burnpot. I will def. stick with it, i bought 4 tons of pellets for the price of two oil fill ups. If i stuck with oil i would have already needed three fill ups this year but i havent called for oil in 4 months im loving that. You guys have been a great help i will post an update probably tomorrow if i think i might get through the night without having to empty it. thanks

BTW, remember, we love pics of stoves.

Our saying when a new member signs on, or someone gets a new stove is "no pics=it never really happened"
;)

Reactions: slvrblkk
I will do that i have to ask my fiance for her camera i only have my phone and that doesnt take good pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.