Busy hot weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Occo370

Jan 23, 2010
Jersey Shore
It's been about a year since I last posted. I've been scrounging pretty good with the recent storms in jersey. I borrowed a splitter and got into this weekend. About 1/2 done and split about 3 cords already in the last 2 days. Still have about 2-3 to go. Mostly oak. Lucked out.

Welcome back to the forum if its been that long! It sure was a hot weekend, supposed to cool down this upcoming week though. Some days are supposed to be in the high 70's, that will be amazing. Is it going to cool off over there too this week?

Nice.... That sounds like a good score??

If its been a year since you posted last? Maybe you forgot about pics? ;) We always love pics..

Pics or it never happened ... :)

Reactions: Shadow&Flame
wow - great job - and I thought I was busy this wknd

Good job.
Sounds like you've been doing some serious scrounging.
Hope you had some cooler days to work in.
Remember oak take 2 years to season, some say 3.

A picture of an impressive, 3 cord pile of oak splits, would make us all drool :)

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Good to have you back again Occo. Heed what Bogydave said about the oak. Actually, this is really too late to be splitting any wood that you intend on burning this coming winter. You may have some battles ahead of you. So keep on scrounging so you can get further ahead. If you don't have room, I would recommend staying away from oak just because it takes longer to dry. Until we learn how to burn water....

this wood is for '14-'15. i don't own a large splitter ( only an electric ) so i scrounge and scrounge then i split 3+ cords in a weekend. i will rent or borrow a splitter. i burn on average 2 - 2 1/2 cords a season so i stock up when i can and split once or twice a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.