1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Buy A Harman from an out of state dealer

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by LarmanNY, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LarmanNY

LarmanNY New Member

Loc:
    Long Island NY
    I am interested in buying a harman p61a but can not find one from my local dealers. They say by november maybe. I am thinking of buying from another store in CT. Does anyone know what happens to the warranty and such when you do this? I like Harmans quality are there any other brands that match up?

Thanks

Larry

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. cimbo190

cimbo190 New Member

Loc:
    southern maine
    Good luck with your search. Caveat emptor.
  3. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    There are plenty of brands as good.....although if you want a bottom feed I might suggest staying with Harman. As to buying out of state, I personally would not have a problem - but if you need service, can you DIY? This is my number #1 question to folks considering a pellet stove. Until the thing breaks down, you will be on top of the world (any brand)......For many....perhaps even most...people, the best brand is the one that a decent local dealer can service...there are LOTS of good brands, just to name some:
    Enviro, Lopi, Avalon, Breckwell, St. Croix, Magnum, Quadrafire, etc...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.