Buying 8 bags of Eastern Embers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eastern Embers is what we have been burning.

We were not very proactive when buying wood pellets so we will take them where we can get them. We initially bought 30 bags when the stove was installed in late Nov. We have a fairly small house, so we can run on a low setting and don't really go through alot.

We will be buying next years supply in april-june. We really like that the stove doesnt use alot of electricity to heat our place. Our other source of heat is electric heat and it gets a tad expensive.

Have burned 2 tons of Eastern embers they give good heat and little ash.Best I've found yet for local pellets,wish we had more choice of brands to try....
Feed well and no auger jams!!

Where are the hardwood linetics made and are they available in Nova Scotia...oh and price per bag?

canadian tire has been getting the lignetics.eastern embers second. lignetics 1st place for heat. what i noticed with my enviro fire stove is that with eastern embers the glass is harder to clean than burning lignetics but lignetics have more ash. eastern also seem to pile up more in burn pot on high heat than lignetics. just my observations. burned 75 bags of lignetics since early november . would gladly use them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.