Buying a PB150 Traeger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlmilligan

Jul 3, 2008
Bangor Maine
Well I a finally ordered a Traeger PB150 for October. I currently heat a 3800 sq ft Cape (basement included) at 68 degrees (62 in basement) with about 1000 gallons of oil. I purchased 8 tons of pellets which should be here before the boiler. Believe it or not, I actually feel good about spending $9500. This is my first time using pellets so I hope I made the right decision. I decided on a boiler rather than a stove for a couple of reasons.

First- I have radiant heat on the first floor and in the basement, so my heating system isn't very fond of temperature changes.
Second- I have cathedral ceilings and I didn't want to heat the air I can't get too.
Third- I do not have a chimney and I am not very good at mudding a ceiling. I would have to send the pipe thru the ceiling in the master bedroom. No vertical access due to a loft.
Fourth- Back to the radiant heat, I AM TOO DARN SPOILED WITH THE WARM FLOORS.

I am hoping to keep it at 8 tons per year. If I am off a little, please let me know. This is my first time so I really dont know what to expect. Well hopefully all goes well and I enjoy my new boiler. I got a lot of advice from this site and others so I will try to pass on my knowledge (or lack of). If anyone has any rants or raves about the Traeger then please let me know.

Good Luck and Good Heating

Status
Not open for further replies.