Buying a Second Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all. I currently have a Harman P61 in my downstairs family room. It is a 2100 sq ft bi-level ranch. I was going to put a wood stove upstairs, but the wife talked me out of it and wanted to deal with just one type of fuel. She does make sense for once! Anyway, I was looking at the XXV and the P43. Its going to be a corner installation in my living room with cathederal ceilings. Its about 1400 to 1500 sq ft up there. I have been running the P61 for 6 plus years trouble free. Just looking for some insight. Thanks to all!

Having a regular wood stove gives you a third option for a fuel choice. Pellet stoves are great, but I think there is some value in having choices. I have a fireplace, and have considered a wood insert and pellet insert myself.
Mike -

Hey, is your screen name a tribute to Johnny Winter, under rated brother of Edgar? He has a song called Johnny Guitar. Just curious.

I'm a newby to this but I just purchased a P43 to heat approx 1500 sq. ft. It hasn't been too cold yet but when I have fired it up iy has done a great job. It's quiet and gets going pretty quick. I haven't quite figured out the corn mix yet but I will as soon as it gets a little colder. BTW, my installation is also in a corner and I have cathedral ceilings.

No more Heat Pump said:
....I haven't quite figured out the corn mix yet but I will as soon as it gets a little colder.......

Just curious....is the P43 designed to burn corn? Never remember seeing anything about that before.

Dr_Drum said:
Hey, is your screen name a tribute to Johnny Winter, under rated brother of Edgar? He has a song called Johnny Guitar. Just curious.

I thought it was the other way around...Edgar being the under rated brother of Johnny :)

One of my favorite albums by JW was "And Live" where Edgar and Johnny play live together....smokin'!

macman said:
No more Heat Pump said:
....I haven't quite figured out the corn mix yet but I will as soon as it gets a little colder.......

Just curious....is the P43 designed to burn corn? Never remember seeing anything about that before.
mac, from what my dealer tells me you can burn corn in any harman at 75 pellet and 25 corn. he said any more corn then that wouldn't be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.