Buying a used FS Empress

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We wanted an easy hearth pad that we could move or change if we wanted in the future as we will either likely refinish the floor or replace the floor in the next couple of years.

Already looking at getting a second stove. Found another Empress or a Castille insert used as well as a new Regency GCI60 for the other side of the house.

Granite that thick (2") should he plenty and i am sure Scott didn't finish because he is doing a "Quality" job and didn't want to half @ss it.

As for the second stove. Options are the way to go. More firepower. More firepower!! LOL ;)

Hello

My second stove is in the garage, so the times I work in there it is real cozy! The 3rd stove is in the shed with cable TV. It makes a great staycation for a couple of hours!

Now for the photos after Scott of Pellet Stoves Service installed our Empress. We are impressed on his pellet stove knowledge and his ability to explain technical aspects of the stove in way we could understand.

First a good cleaning and it was clear the previous owners hadn't taken whole stove apart in previous cleanings.

get-photo.asp

Getting Empress up the hill and closer to the install spot

get-photo.asp

Starting her up

get-photo.asp

Whole set up...not sure if I am happy or sad that it has warmed up here in NE.

get-photo.asp

Reactions: Brokenwing
Looks great! I'm sure Scott did a great job getting the stove in....looks like a real nice burn too.

Can't see it, but I'm assuming there's a good quality surge protector on the end of that power cord, right? ==c

Yep, I did get the surge protector I saw recommended on this forum the Tripp Lite Ultrablock Isobar.

Now I get to spend time deciding what type of pellets I want to buy, from whom and how many.

Scott is helping us with plan of getting a second stove.:)

Reactions: DexterDay
Yep, I did get the surge protector I saw recommended on this forum the Tripp Lite Ultrablock Isobar.

Now I get to spend time deciding what type of pellets I want to buy, from whom and how many.

Scott is helping us with plan of getting a second stove.:)

Congrats. And a 2 stove plan is nice.

Options. Gotta have options!! ;)

Hello

Stove looks great!

Best way to patch that big round hole in the drywall near the top left is to screw a piece of strapping in the hole as shown. Then screw the round piece of plaster that was cut out to the strapping.

Click pic to enlarge

Attachments

• DryWallHolePatching.jpg
    DryWallHolePatching.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.