1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Buying a used FS Empress

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by TriMom, Mar 18, 2013.

1. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Granite that thick (2") should he plenty and i am sure Scott didn't finish because he is doing a "Quality" job and didn't want to half @ss it.

As for the second stove. Options are the way to go. More firepower. More firepower!! LOL ;)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

My second stove is in the garage, so the times I work in there it is real cozy! The 3rd stove is in the shed with cable TV. It makes a great staycation for a couple of hours!
  3. TriMom

TriMom New Member

Now for the photos after Scott of Pellet Stoves Service installed our Empress. We are impressed on his pellet stove knowledge and his ability to explain technical aspects of the stove in way we could understand.

First a good cleaning and it was clear the previous owners hadn't taken whole stove apart in previous cleanings.

[​IMG]

Getting Empress up the hill and closer to the install spot

[​IMG]

Starting her up

[​IMG]
  4. TriMom

TriMom New Member

Whole set up...not sure if I am happy or sad that it has warmed up here in NE.

[​IMG]
    Brokenwing likes this.
  5. imacman

imacman Guest

Looks great! I'm sure Scott did a great job getting the stove in....looks like a real nice burn too.

Can't see it, but I'm assuming there's a good quality surge protector on the end of that power cord, right? ==c
  6. TriMom

TriMom New Member

Yep, I did get the surge protector I saw recommended on this forum the Tripp Lite Ultrablock Isobar.

Now I get to spend time deciding what type of pellets I want to buy, from whom and how many.

Scott is helping us with plan of getting a second stove.:)
    DexterDay likes this.
  7. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Congrats. And a 2 stove plan is nice.

Options. Gotta have options!! ;)
  8. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

Stove looks great!

Best way to patch that big round hole in the drywall near the top left is to screw a piece of strapping in the hole as shown. Then screw the round piece of plaster that was cut out to the strapping.

Click pic to enlarge

Attached Files:

9. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    Yer so smart. But that's not why the tape is there....already did the strapping behind the hole but there is an air duct behind the wall, the tape is to hold one edge down until the mud dries