buying a used pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baglady

Feb 16, 2008
Manitouwadge, Ontario
I have a friend who is interested in buying a used Breckwell P26 Cadet pellet stove which is approximately 6 years old. She would like to know if this model is worth buying. I hope someone out there has any feedback as to whether this is a good stove and suggestions on a fair price as well. Thank you.

i would ask the seller if i could see the unit run before buying. a pellet stove can be run without a flue system set up for inspection purposes so if its already disconnected it isnt a problem just drag it outside and run a drop cord. if somthing doesnt work , the price should reflect that. look at the manufacturers website , or check with a local dealer to see how much certain parts (such as blowers , feed motors, or circuit cards )cost. that way you know what the cost will be if somthing isnt in running order. i wish i could be more specific about the inner workings or what to look for in breckwells, they do make good stoves that i know, but i do not know the tendancies of their units to advise you specifically, maybe one or more of our "breckwell members" can get into the things to look for specific to the product line. hope this helps ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.