Buying for next year mailing already - Seriously?!?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DexterDay said:
Talked to 2 Dealers this week that had some Really Good Pricing. One Dealer was $185/ton and the other that Finally contacted me today (Left him 2 messages in a week), is offering them at $190. Both are Higher than what I paid for my last 9 tons (5 tons at $177-4 tons at $175). So the Wife has been thinking that "Thats what they cost". So its taking a little convincing on my end, to try and get another 3-5 tonsin the bunker. Having 5 tons in the basement is a lot (But NEVER Enough), but would like to have enough for 2 years. If the prices stay up, then I made out. If the prices drop lower, then I lost the gamble. Either way I'm gonna pull the trigger on a few more. Anything under the $250-$235 I paid in past years is a good deal in my mind. This year just made me really greedy too. Love me some Cheap pellets. Should have bought 10 tons of the Somersets when Menards had them for $175. Great Pellet at an even Better Price.....What was I thinking!!??!!

Spot on the Somersets! Pellets in NE were running on the cheap end of the range around $200/ton back in February. Grabbed two tons at Lowes for 209/ton and have 1.5 tons of Barefoots left over from this year. I finally have learned that I will not buy second rate brands anymore. Looking now for some softwood pellets.
I agree with you and want to have another year's worth by the end of May. I just see energy prices through the roof from the Japan Disaster going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.