Buying my first ton of pellets.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol not quite 600 lbs of human in there... also didn't mean to sound like I was bragging about it, just that it's possible to do, and your vehicle won't fall into pieces while driving down the road.

Here's a fun fact: the 2015 Nissan Navara- essentially the same truck as the Frontier, but sold on the global market with a diesel.. has a payload capacity of 2205 lbs. The 2010 had a payload capacity of 2004 lbs. And our full size trucks have less? That's a joke.

I'll state again: payload capacity #'s in the States are determined by the lowest common denominator.

You all need trucks for a ton of pellets? You all should be able to toss those into a ruck sack and jog home........ Toughen up boys!;lol;lol;lol Who needs bearings when you have nads to destroy?

Think I'll go split some wood now.

Reactions: tjnamtiw
lol not quite 600 lbs of human in there... also didn't mean to sound like I was bragging about it, just that it's possible to do, and your vehicle won't fall into pieces while driving down the road.

Here's a fun fact: the 2015 Nissan Navara- essentially the same truck as the Frontier, but sold on the global market with a diesel.. has a payload capacity of 2205 lbs. The 2010 had a payload capacity of 2004 lbs. And our full size trucks have less? That's a joke.

I'll state again: payload capacity #'s in the States are determined by the lowest common denominator.

With about 2600# in a truck rated for 1200#, NOW you are flirting with collapsing a bearing, having it weld itself, and spinning the race in its housing. Hey, it's not my truck so go for it. Me, I use a covered trailer although the last time I paid the lumber company $11 to deliver 2 tons and unload them. Can't beat that!

Oh, I agree that a trailer is the best way to do it. I didn't have one available though, and needed to deliver some pellets to my brother in law. You do what you gotta do.

Our last order (3 pallets of 65 bags each of Lacretes) cost $50. Saves our truck the 160 km round trip and no fuel cost or wear & tear. Only drawback was it rained before our delivery and they store pellets outside and unload using slings so outer cover was damaged. No major loss of pellets - about 6 bags or so with some puffed pellets...

Only in America do we worry about such trivial things as payload, other places not so much.

overload.jpg

You all need trucks for a ton of pellets? You all should be able to toss those into a ruck sack and jog home........ Toughen up boys!;lol;lol;lol Who needs bearings when you have nads to destroy?

At my age, they are optional but still needed........ I guess......._g

So far don't see a big difference from.my Lignetics.

It actually takes about a half ton to realize the potential from limited ash and good heat output.

Our last order (3 pallets of 65 bags each of Lacretes) cost $50. Saves our truck the 160 km round trip and no fuel cost or wear & tear. Only drawback was it rained before our delivery and they store pellets outside and unload using slings so outer cover was damaged. No major loss of pellets - about 6 bags or so with some puffed pellets...

Lake Girl... 65 bags each? I take it your pellets are in metric weights Our normal US pallet is 50 bags at 40 pounds each.

So far don't see a big difference from.my Lignetics.

Additionally, I like Lignetics and have burned them in the past. I'd say (from memory) that the lignetics are on par with the sets but the sets have less ash accumulation. Thats a toss up if anything.

Lake Girl... 65 bags each? I take it your pellets are in metric weights Our normal US pallet is 50 bags at 40 pounds each.

Not metric ... Some of the mills seem to be stacking the pallets with more. Someone else mentioned they received pallets with 65 each too (different brand). Was expecting the usual 60 per pallet but didn't mind paying for the extra 5.

Reactions: SidecarFlip

Kid when I wss your age I split wood with my bare hands because we couldn't afford an axe and we were GLAD we couldn't afford an axe because we might have cut off a leg and we couldn't afford medical insurance.

Not metric ... Some of the mills seem to be stacking the pallets with more. Someone else mentioned they received pallets with 65 each too (different brand). Was expecting the usual 60 per pallet but didn't mind paying for the extra 5.

Actually makes economic sense. Less pallets to dispose of and easier storage (if you store on pallets like I do).... cause I have a hi-lo.

Did some poking around ... seems overseas shipments are 65 bags per pallet. Standardizing to account for overseas sales?

LaCrete sells them at 65 bags to a pallet. Just how they do it.

Kid when I wss your age I split wood with my bare hands because we couldn't afford an axe and we were GLAD we couldn't afford an axe because we might have cut off a leg and we couldn't afford medical insurance.
Was that around the same time, that it was a up hill walk both ways,to and from school

Last 3 years of Curran's delivered 75 bags/pallet covered in a heavy duty plastic bag. Great for covering up the summer toys.

I put 20 bags in my pathfinder and go 15 miles w no problems

I put 20 bags in my pathfinder and go 15 miles w no problems
We've gotten 25 in an Explorer, 20 in an Escape and easily a full ton in our F350. 20 miles to the hardware over back roads. Just take it easy. No problems.

Last 3 years of Curran's delivered 75 bags/pallet covered in a heavy duty plastic bag. Great for covering up the summer toys.

I thought 65 bags was a big stack! What materials are the pallets made of? Curious due to increased weight...

I thought 65 bags was a big stack! What materials are the pallets made of? Curious due to increased weight...

Never noticed if the pallet was beefed up...they take them when leaving. 2 pallets on the flat bed with 1 delivery driver. He backs right up to the front porch and stacks them 6 high. $12 for delivery and I don't have to lift a finger..!!! $5.99 a bag tax in.

Never noticed if the pallet was beefed up...they take them when leaving. 2 pallets on the flat bed with 1 delivery driver. He backs right up to the front porch and stacks them 6 high. $12 for delivery and I don't have to lift a finger..!!! $5.99 a bag tax in.

Wish I had that kind of service:) My price for Lacrete $6/bag plus tax; delivery additional...

We've gotten 25 in an Explorer, 20 in an Escape and easily a full ton in our F350. 20 miles to the hardware over back roads. Just take it easy. No problems.
Energex Plant is Mifflintown,Pa..
do you have Energex hardwoods in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.