By popular request.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gibson

Apr 29, 2008
Lincoln, RI
Hadn't burned in at least a week. Coming back from my 9 year old daughter's softball game, 42 degrees and drizzling. "Dad, I'm freezing, will you start a fire?" Then my son and wife chime in as well. What kind of monster have I created? Just goes to show you how addictive the warmth of a stove is...

BTW, Is there anyplace colder than a softball/baseball field in April?

I just stoked our fire...since spring the stoves been cold for 48hrs... maybe. We have propane as a back up and with the money we save I'm not opposed to burning it to take the chill off. Thing is it's just not as comforting as a wood fire.

I've spoiled the kids as well. If it drops below 72 in here now, the younger is asking about the absence of a fire.

I heard about it on Sunday night (after nice a spring day)... "It's really cold in here." So to make her happy I check the temp, it's 67° in the house. Yep, we've created monsters. :)

Guess you could say we're hooked too but there are no monsters around here.

Just had a report from northern MI where they got 18.8" of snow yesterday and it is still snowing!

Sen. John Blutarsky said:

I agree, its an amazing thing but somehow those mid 40 degree April days in the northeast, sitting at a ball field does indeed feel alot colder than a mid winter 20 degree day.

I fired up the FPX last night for the first time in over a week to take the chill off.

Same here - stove had been off for many days. Weekend was gorgeous - got the bikes out of the barn, rode all over town. Wife and kids on vac this week.

Email from her yesterday at 2:19pm: "I'm gonna go light a fire. It's cold in here!" :)

If it isn't 70+ in the house it feels cold to me, and my wife will be buried under 2-3 blankets.

I just walked in the door after a week in Florida and the temp in my house was 58 degrees! I got a nice big fire burning now.

Sen. John Blutarsky said:
Hadn't burned in at least a week. Coming back from my 9 year old daughter's softball game, 42 degrees and drizzling. "Dad, I'm freezing, will you start a fire?" Then my son and wife chime in as well. What kind of monster have I created? Just goes to show you how addictive the warmth of a stove is...

A golf course when your hackin

Got a fire going right now. We still put a fire on in the evenings. They’re calling for about 8 inches of snow this weekend so it looks like we’ll be burning for a while yet.

We are still burning, no one in the house likes it when it gets below 70...

back in maybe feb my 13 year old was doing her homework in a winter jacket, scarf, gloves and a hat. outside temp: -20. inside temp: 71. She is a bit of a drama queen. she once wore the same getup to go out cutting, outside temp was 52. i was down to a teeshirt, she was bundled up like we were on an arctic excursion!

CowboyAndy said:
She is a bit of a drama queen. she once wore the same getup to go out cutting, outside temp was 52. i was down to a teeshirt, she was bundled up like we were on an arctic excursion!
Let me guess who was doing all the work... :)

Soccer field just as cold or worse

Steady rain right now, chilly fog off the water and I'm going to fire the stove up. Right now, though, the dog and I have to go out and circumnavigate the property. By the time we come back inside it will be time to engage the catalytic combustor. And he'll have a warm place to dry off.

I got home to a cold 69 degree house and the wife won't let me light a fire. Go figure. She's sitting out on the swing with her jacket on. I'm going to make a fire anyway.

The weather guessers today cut in half, the amount of snow they forecast for this weekend.

Well the weather guru's are talking 85 degrees plus Sat-Mon. AHHHH New England!

KC

I was in and out in the cold rain all day so I put up with the 65 degrees downstairs. Sat down to play a little poker online and check hearth.com and that just yelled that the stove needed to light up. Just coming up through 500.

We have 2' to 3' of snow just depends on whether you measure in the shade or out in the open. Its compacting fast and I expect to be able to get out by the first week in May. The temps are not bad usually 25f to 32f at night and its getting up to 40f sometimes 50f during the days. What happens around here is everything explodes in the first week of May. Winter to summer thats our country. There is about a week in between but thats not worth speaking about. If we need a hot fix we just go into the greenhouses which are getting to 90f even with the cool weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.