Bypass wiring for circulator

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony H

Minister of Fire
Oct 24, 2007
N Illinois
Hello,
I recently read a thread where someone mentioned having wired a bypass switch to run the pump and bypass the controller on the EKO. I would like to wire a connection to do this so I can allow the pump to run when I don't have to boiler fired to keep the water from freezing. Whats the best setup to do this ?

I put a plug on my pump wire.

Then I wired one side of an outlet to the boiler pump line. The other side I wired to 110 power.
Be sure and break the connectors between the two outlets off. I also marked my outlet.

Now any time I want the pump to run without the EKO running I just switch the plug to the live side of the outlet.

Thanks for the responses. Next I have to put in a bypass around the termovar in order to run thru the entire system, sounds like a spring project to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.