c/s/s a load of cherry and walnut today..pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
mostly cherry with a small amount of walnut...split this load manually again...man i fell like a young man again...from here on if its not tough wood to split its getting done by hand.my son stood the rounds up on end for me and i went to hacking..got it done in less than half the time it would have taken with hydraulics...about half of this row is white oak from the other day...
A36A587E-690F-44FE-A589-FFF9D0314C2D-15932-000011FE051BA13D.jpg

Nice job am burning Cherry right now-- What no snow??

man i live in what we call a honey hole...go 3 miles from my house and theres lots of it....for some reason right here where i live nothing or very little happens in terms of snow..i dont know how to explain it...no elevation change either...

Just wondered kids and grandkids live near Beckley and they got several feet.

Nice stack.
Got your exercise for today ;)

Nice stack! I love splitting the easy stuff. Great workout.
I could see snow on the ridge west of me - (Pendelton county WV) yesterday.

Nice work! And yes parts of WV got absolutely hammered by this storm, we could see a bit of snow from our house as well.

Nice stacks, and great score on cherry and walnut. Good firewood. :cool:

sweet, i just almost split the 4 white oaks that i cut up with the x27. some of it will need hydraulics, mybe 1/4 of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.