Cab 50 issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam1212

Oct 14, 2013
Fowler ohio
Hi,

I have a cab 50 in my garage that I am having some problems with.

The stove was bought new from a dealer in November 2011, the first winter absolutely no problems.

The second winter the stove would occasionally just go out. Example, turn the thermostat up, stoves kicks on and lights. runs fine for a while then just shuts down. the problem wasn't a real pain as I really only ran the stove on the weekends and it only happened a few times.

This year, did my normal preseason cleaning last week, plugged in the stove, turned up the thermostat and the stoves starts up. pellets fall into the pot and lights up. I go in the house and come out about an hour later to a cold stove.

Hit the restart button, stove starts feeding pellets and lights up but the pellets just burn up and the stove doesn't feed anymore pellets. the blowers are still running. hit restart again and the same thing happens.

hit restart again except this time just as the first dose of pellets starts to burn out I hit restart so the stove feeds more pellets on top of burning pellets. these almost burn out so I hit restart again to feed more pellets after 4/5 restarts the stove is running fine.

Any ideas on what this could be?

Thank you,

Check the door seal. If the bill slips out on a closed door adjust the door by tightening the handle. This is by changing the washer placement. Could have asked me Saturday when I saw you at Yankee Lake.

Eric

Hi Adam
I'm pretty new too, but right off the bat is sounds like the thermocouple might be loose, maybe not all the way into the protection tube.
If the thermocouple doesn't get hot enough, it doesn't think your pellets are burning, and it won't drop more pellets.
Just a thought.
Tedinski

Where is your feed gate setting ?we are currently running 1/2 opened burning lignetics green label...what type of pellets are u burning? Definitely do the dollar bill test as Eric suggests in the above post.....He sells,installs and services these stoves.....

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
make sure the TC is far enough out in the pot

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
Status
Not open for further replies.