CAB50 timing Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedinski

Oct 16, 2013
Northwest Pennsylvania
I recently purchased a Heatilator EcoChoice CAB50. I love it!

One thing concerns me. When the stove auto-starts on "call for heat", the stove lights up beautifully, and feeds pellets at a steady rate. The stove is set to "low". It takes a full 15 minutes before the convection fan comes on & starts blowing air into the room.

This seems like a lot of energy that's being blown right out the flue!

The snap switch is (if I read the manual properly) a 150F switch.

The temperature of the air coming out of the CAB50, once the fan starts, seems QUITE hot. Perhaps I'll bring my toolkit home & check the temperature on convection-air startup.

Is 15 minutes atypical for this unit?

Thanks much.

P.S. --- The stove is quite clean. Only 1 bag of pellets has been burned so far...

I have the Ps50 and I would say on a cold start, that 15+- is in the ball park for when the convection blower turns on.

Reactions: Tedinski
I have the Ps50 and I would say on a cold start, that 15+- is in the ball park for when the convection blower turns on.
Thanks for the feedback!
I wonder if I could replace the snap switch with a lower-temp snap switch. We use snap-switches all the time at work... It's a neat place to work. www.secowarwick.com I work in the USA, but travel a lot worldwide.

It seems like a LOT of heat is just going out the flue for those 15 minutes! Not very efficient, perhaps.
BUT: even if inefficient, it's typical for the stove apparently, so I should not worry that something is wrong!

Thx.

I recently purchased a Heatilator EcoChoice CAB50. I love it!

One thing concerns me. When the stove auto-starts on "call for heat", the stove lights up beautifully, and feeds pellets at a steady rate. The stove is set to "low". It takes a full 15 minutes before the convection fan comes on & starts blowing air into the room.

This seems like a lot of energy that's being blown right out the flue!

The snap switch is (if I read the manual properly) a 150F switch.

The temperature of the air coming out of the CAB50, once the fan starts, seems QUITE hot. Perhaps I'll bring my toolkit home & check the temperature on convection-air startup.

Is 15 minutes atypical for this unit?

Thanks much.

About right on low.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.