Cabello 1200 or 1700

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toyotarider

Nov 1, 2014
ruffsdale pa
so the neo is outand the installer wants to put in a cabello 1200. I would rather do 1700. Heres only hang up i have i took all fire brick out of old fireplace. It was in bad shape and i plan to roxul sides anyway. Not drpthe enviro says i need 22 3/4 inch i only have 22 1/2 but i want to reface my brick on fireplace face. So i would need another half inch but how close can i get to back wall? It is all masonary and the chimney wall goes to my closed in 3 season room. So warm bricks would keep that room nice.

so the neo is outand the installer wants to put in a cabello 1200. I would rather do 1700. Heres only hang up i have i took all fire brick out of old fireplace. It was in bad shape and i plan to roxul sides anyway. Not drpthe enviro says i need 22 3/4 inch i only have 22 1/2 but i want to reface my brick on fireplace face. So i would need another half inch but how close can i get to back wall? It is all masonary and the chimney wall goes to my closed in 3 season room. So warm bricks would keep that room nice.

I have the 1200 the firebox is a little small for a overnight burn! plus the 1700 will take a longer log.I wish I hard read this site more, before I bought to learn to get the largest one possible.
Did you take a look at the Boston 1700? its very nice & protrudes out about 6 inches, needs less clearance in the back.

My dealer just called said if i want a jotul c450 i can have it for same price and have it in on wednesday. Its a double door model. Much larger firebox

Trying to suppliment my oil. My house is 1800 sqft but only looking to heat less then half that a living room dining and kitchen open floor plan. I cant fit anybigger and it has to be a huge upgrade from this neo 1.6.

I thought the Cabello 1200, Neo 1.6 and Jotul C450 were all within spitting distance of each other regarding usable firebox size. What is different is the depth of the firebox. If the hearth is the only issue for getting a non-flush insert why not just extend the hearth. In general the more an insert projects out onto the hearth the less dependent it is on the fan for good convection.

The neo im ripping out is extremely small barely shove a 16 inch log in it i dont want to extend the hearth and get into a big project altering the oak flooring.

Status
Not open for further replies.