Caddy add on wood fired hot air furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cenzino

Mar 8, 2008
connecticut
does anybody know if this particular furnace offers domestic hot water coil option?
I like to ear more from people that currently have this unit. I am still in the market for an add on, and undecided.

As far as I know the Caddy doesn't have a DHW option. Doesn't mean you could add a loop, but may void warranty. This will be my first year with mine. I've had a few fires, and can tell you it burns very cleanly once up in temp. Its a well built unit, fully insulated firebrick firebox, along with a 1/4 inch insulation blanket beneath it. A 7 gauge firebox, insulated stainless steel baffle, etc. I have the unit with the blower, which it will push 1400 cfms, and is a 4 speed. Everyone I have talked with has nothing but good to say about the wood consumption and the heat output. I'll be heating a 2400 square foot home with 10ft ceilings. I have talked with people heating 3000 square feet that was uninsulated with theirs. They qualify for the tax credit, and are the only EPA Certified furnace currently on the market. They really are an impressive furnace, and they also are fully automatic. I would fully recommend one if you can get one. They aren't your standard furnace.

Thanks for sharing this information. I do ear a lot of good things about these furnaces,and I figured some body in this forum must own one. I have an old Jensen with the DHW loop,and it works fine, but it is a little undersized for my 3000
sq' home with vaulted ceilings, and last winter I burned about 8 cords of wood. At this point I would like to replace it with
a more efficient furnace, so I am looking at the different available options. Again THANK YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.