Calculations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparke

Minister of Fire
Jul 6, 2006
Maine
I can find Delta calculations on the web. Can anyone tell me how you accurately size circ. pumps and CV ratings for zone valves? I assume you need to know the head pressure and GPM's. How does one figure that out? How do you know how many GPM's fit a particular application? I think my taco 007 is too small for charging my storage tank. Even though I can get the tank to 175* in a reasonable time, I can not get the temps much higher then that in the tank. I have not tried burning more then one load at a time ( about 6 hours because comb. air damper is open full time). But the tank hits 175* before the load is done. Also the CV rating on my zone valves are low (about 4). I can get zone valves with a CV rating of 7 but I want to make sure that is a high enough rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.